The Bangladesh Cricket Board had met on September 20. The following were decided at the meeting:
- The National Cricket League 2011-12 will be an eight-team competition. The two new teams to be included are Rangpur Division and Dhaka Metropolis.
- The BCB will start the process of establishing a television channel. A committee was formed to expedite the procedure. The committee is headed by media and communications committee chairman, Mohammed Jalal Yunus. The other members are Dewan Shafiul Arefin and Siraj Uddin Md Alamgir.
- Gazi Ashraf Hossain was named chairman of the BPL [Bangladesh Premier League] committee. The tournament will be held in February 2012 at the Shere Bangla Stadium in Dhaka and Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong, and will last 21 days. A stipulated number of international and Bangladesh players will be put on auction ahead of the tournament.
- The Sylhet Divisional Stadium will be developed into an international standard facility by December 2011.
- Former Bangladesh opener Zahid Razzak was appointed manager of the national team for the home series’ against West Indies and Pakistan.
- The draft of the Regional Cricket Association concept was approved in principle. Board members were asked to come up with observations, suggestions and recommendations [if any] within the following seven days.
- The board approved the appointment of 39 assistant district coaches.
858 Total Views 1 Views Today