Bailey Road fire: Doctors told about the huge number of deaths.  carbon monoxide poisoning

Bailey Road fire: Doctors told about the huge number of deaths. carbon monoxide poisoning

0 minutes, 49 seconds Read

According to the fire service, the building where the fire broke out had two electronic goods shops and a juice bar on the ground floor. Kachchi Bhai restaurant was on the second floor. There was a clothing shop, Ilyain, on the third floor. On the fourth floor were the Khanas and Fuko restaurants, on the fifth floor were the Pizza Inn, on the sixth floor were the Zesty and Street Oven restaurants and on one side of the terrace was a restaurant called Ambrosia.

Director General of Fire Service Main Uddin said on Friday afternoon that there was no fire safety system in the building located on Bailey Road.

He told media persons that letters had been sent thrice to the building authorities about the building being in danger, but no measures were taken.

Professor Abdus Salam of Dhaka University's chemistry department said the question should be raised as to how many buildings have been sealed for not taking measures even after receiving notices.

412 Total Views 1 Views Today
Spread the love

Similar Posts