- Bangladesh, Dhaka, Digital Bangladesh, Other News, Technology

Be aware of laptop explosion

Few days ago a man in Dhaka was burnt to death due to laptop explosion. He slept all night charging his laptop computer on his bed. In the morning an explosion in the laptop battery caught fire in his room and he died due to burn injury.

This is not the first case. There are some more precedents of laptop and mobile battery explosion around the world.

The lithium ion battery is the culprit. These lithium ion batteries can store much more energy compared to lead acid battery. Lithium ion batteries become hot when it is charged and used. Due to some technical facts there is some risk of short circuit. The risk increases when temperature is increased.

So we need to be more cautious. We should ensure ventilation while using laptop and charging for longer period is not recommended. Because, some laptops don’t have over charge protection.


1263 Total Views 3 Views Today

About Shihab Uddin Ahmed

Shihab Uddin Ahmed is with Dhaka News since 2011. He has long experience of writing on various issues for web medium. He has a master’s degree from Jagannath University. You can read his science articles in English and Bengali on https://fromreadingtable.com
Read All Posts By Shihab Uddin Ahmed