Five of the same family burnt from easy bike explosion

1 minute, 12 seconds Read

Five of the same family were burnt in an easy bike battery explosion. This incident took place in Kamrangirchar area of the capital. All of them are taken to the national burn institute hospital. Duty doctors have informed that four of the injured are critically injured and two have more than ninety percent burn.

It was around 4 am in the morning today when the esaybike or battery-operated autorickshaw exploded. The owner of the easybike was charging it at that time.
Battery operated autorickshaw is blamed for many accidents. Experts have long been pushing for a ban on these vehicles. They are not designed by following proper safety guidelines and are often driven by very inexperienced and underage personnel.

It is not clear whether the battery or battery charger has caused the tragic incident, but this shows again that even charging these cheap vehicles can be deadly.

Easybike collisions with buses and trucks have caused many deaths on highways. Following the social norm, women in this part of the world use Dupatta popularly known as Urna to hide their breast’s shapes, which is only a rectangular piece of cloth placed over shoulders. This clothing item has caused many easybike accidents when Urna stuck to easybike motor gears. As the motor spins so fast, drivers get very little time to stop and women passengers get severely strangled on the neck, which causes spinal cord damage. Some women are paralyzed for the rest of their lives.

977 Total Views 2 Views Today
Spread the love

Shihab Uddin Ahmed

Shihab Uddin Ahmed is with Dhaka News since 2011. He has long experience of writing on various issues for web medium. He has a master’s degree from Jagannath University. You can read his science articles in English and Bengali on

Similar Posts