Bangladesh has passed a very good year in 2010. Bangladesh have some very good achievements in sports sector. We will now talk about some people who had done some great show for Bangladeshi sports lovers. These people have increased positive image of Bangladesh in international arena. They are :
1. Siddiqur Rahman: Golf is not a very popular games in Bangladesh. But this person has introduced Bangladeshi Golf in international standard. He is number one golfer of the country.
2. Shakib Al Hasan: Most of the cricket lovers and experts can easily think this person as the best cricketer for Bangladesh for ever. He kept his number one position as world’s best all rounder. He has managed to lead in the best ever cricket series against New Zealand. Bangladesh beat New Zealand by 4-0 by his captaincy.
3. Tamim Iqbal: Tamim Iqbal has become the WISDEN Cricketer of the year. He had to contest with Gream Swan and Virender Shehwag to achieve this award. He scored two consecutive century in England.
4. Enamul Haq: Enamul has become the highest goal scorer in Bangladeshi league in 2010. He has become best player of Federation cup and he was a very good part of SA Games Gold winning Bangladesh Football team.
5. Sharmin Akhter Ratna: Ratna won gold medal in SA games Shooting and Commonwealth games shooting. So, Bangladesh ensured two gold by the hand of this woman.
6. Sabbir Rahman: He is not that much in focus. But he has done a tremendous to achieve the first ever Gold win in ASIAN Games. He was a cricketer of Bangladesh team in Asian Games Cricket. Bangladesh was struggling seriously to beat Afghanistan in the final. When the target became lot difficult, he came up with some great shots and scored 33 runs from just 18 balls. Then Bangladesh win the final match and escaped from a shame of loosing against Afghanistan.
7. Salma Khatun:
She is the captain of Bangladesh women cricket team. Bangladesh women team won historic Silver medal in Asian games Women cricket competition in 2010. She performed both in Bat and ball.